Hospice of the Valleys is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee.
This policy applies to information collected on this website and our associated websites. We’re referring to these sites collectively here as “our website”.
We are the Data Controller of personal information that this policy applies to under the Data Protection Act 1998.
We only collect information about you that:
- helps us make the site work better for you
- lets us contact you if we need to
- lets us give you accurate local information if you need it
- shows us how you are using the site, so we can keep improving it
- helps us understand why you support our work, so we can better meet your needs and find more people like you.
Parts of the site may ask you for more information so that you can use services or complete transactions. You’ll always be told when this information is being collected. In many cases you’ll be asked to enter it – for example, an email address for correspondence. This information will only be used for the purposes stated.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Payment transactions are encrypted.
The transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We’ll do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Any information we collect is used to:
- improve the content and design of the website
- let you use interactive features, when you choose to do so
- contact you, with your permission
We never share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your personal information to any other website.
If you enter your postal /email address or phone number into any of our online forms, we may use these details to contact you, unless you ask us not to. If you have given us your postal /email address or phone number and would prefer not to be contacted by these means, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We may disclose your personal information:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share visitors’ personal data to comply with a legal obligation
- for law enforcement purposes
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to:
- ask us not to process your personal data
- see information we hold about you
- ask for inaccurate personal data to be corrected
For a copy of the personal information we hold about you, write to the Data Protection Officer, Hospice of the Valleys, Festival Drive, Ebbw Vale. NP23 8XF. When we are satisfied of your identity we will send you a copy of your personal information that we are legally required to disclose.
Please contact us at the same address if you believe that information we hold about you is inaccurate and want it to be corrected.
When you come to our website from another website, we may get personal information about you from the other website. Read those websites’ privacy policies if you want to know about this.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions